Attribution File Delivery Setup for Google Analytics 4
These instructions guide Connexity users to set up Attribution File delviery using our custom solution for Google Analytics 4 (GA4). This is intended for Connexity users that already have GA4 set up and need to deliver a Attribution File to Connexity. It is critical to provide daily delivery of attribution data files for ecommerce transactions from Connexity campaign clicks. These “source of truth” data provide signals needed to inform the ad placement and budget optimization that keeps your campaign delivering on performance goals and ultimately growing over time.
Additional Helpful Links
- Migrate your Google UA property to Google Analytics 4
- Attribution File Setup for New Google Analytics 4 Account
Create Report and Set Up Delivery
We will use a custom script designed for Connexity by Google that will create and deliver a daily attribution report to Connexity for processing. The script is created in a Google sheet that will execute commands to create and deliver attribution from your GA4 property to Connexity.
Note: Unlike the previous version of UA, GA4 does not yet have a streamlined method of delivering data reports directly from the platform. We will update instructions when Google is able to provide a better solution, but at this time the custom script file is the most viable solution to deliver attribution reports to Connexity.
- First, access the custom Google script file template link that your Account Manager has shared with you via Google. If you have not received this file please contact your Account Manager.
- Next, allow permissions for Google to access your GA4 account and data. Navigate to the GA4 Scheduled Report Menu > Authorize Permissions.
- Follow the authorization prompts to give Google access to your GA4 Data. Please allow all permissions for this to work properly.
Note: It's important to understand that this script was built directly by a developer at Google for Connexity. It was designed to stringent Google standards and has been fully verified. By granting these permissions you'll give access to data that is already being utilized by Google in GA4. No other parties are gaining access to your data other than Google and potentially Connexity.
- Once all permissions are authorized you will need to update your Property ID field in the file. Find your GA4 Property ID by going to your GA4 property and clicking on the Admin tab (bottom left of page.)
- In the left navigation menu, click on Property Settings and look for your GA4 Property ID listed on the right side (Property ID: XXXXX)
- Copy this value and paste it into the Property ID section of the file.
- The final step is to schedule an automated report for daily delivery. In the document menu, click on GA4 Scheduled Report Menu > Create/Remove GA4 Scheduled Report and you're all set!
- For reference, the additional menu items will perform the following actions:
- Create/Remove GA4 Scheduled Report if you have already set up an automation, this will remove/cancel this automated delivery. Otherwise, this will initiate the delivery automation.
- Check status GA4 Scheduled Report will check whether the report schedule is configured.
- Run and send GA4 Report will send a report instantly.
Connexity has already pre-filled all the fields in this file for your account to properly track attribution, so please do not modify any other fields unless instructed by your Account Manager.
Test and Verify
Please contact your Connexity Account Manager after you create your property and set-up delivery of your attribution file. During this stage our team will verify the attribution file is valid and that the data is correctly routed into our system and into the merchant platform.
Your Account Manager may ask you to place a test order to verify the attribution tracking is working as expected from implementation in GA4.
Once you and your Account Manager have established that the attribution file data is correct and your delivery method is functioning properly, you are all set on the Connexity network. Please contact your Account Manager if you have any additional questions.