About Product Data Feeds
A data feed is a file that contains all of your product offer information, such as product titles, URLs, image URLs, price, and other important pieces of information that we use to generate placements exposing offers in high-intent shopper traffic.
Submitting a Product Feed to Connexity
You can upload your data feeds via Connexity's Merchant Portal (US portal, GB portal, DE portal, FR portal, IT portal). Navigate to the “Manage Listings” tab and follow the steps below to submit your feed:
- Set up a file delivery location: In order to submit your product feed, you will need to set up an FTP location. You can use our FTP or define your own FTP / HTTP / HTTPS location.
- Upload your Product Data Feed: Once your FTP location is set up, we'll send you your credentials. Upload your data feed to the FTP location, and notify your account manager that your feed has been placed on the FTP server. Your account manager will then verify that the information is correct and set your feed to live.
- YOU'RE DONE! - You can update your feed as often as you would like. Just place your feed on the FTP server and it will automatically be processed.
Note that Feed Specification documents for each region are available at the bottom of this article.
- We support only delimited text files.
- Acceptable delimiters: Tab, Pipe, Tilde, or Comma. Field values can be enclosed in quotes.
- Files can be zipped.
- Preferred character encoding is UTF-8.
- Titles and descriptions should not include control characters.
- Your feed will be auto-mapped based on the column name, so please include a header row and use our exact field names. Capitalization, space/underscore/dash differences will be normalized.
- Each line must contain the same number of delimiters.
- Use standard spelling and grammar in your feed.
- Do not use ALL CAPITALS, symbols, control characters, bullet points or unnecessary punctuation. Type 1 High ASCII characters (®, ©, TM, etc.) or other special characters will not display well.
- Do not include promotional text such as “Free Shipping” or comparison to competitor items.
- Do not include any merchant-specific information such as phone numbers, billing or sales information.
- The information should be relevant to the specific product only; do not mention accessories or similar items.
- Excessive use of keywords is not permitted in product titles or detailed descriptions.
- No profanity or offensive language.