Connexity recommends the installation of our free Shopping Tag in addition to providing attribution data, be that from Google Analytics or another internal system. Here are some questions and answers that help explain why it is useful to look at different tracking reports.
Why is the data different?
- When you advertise on Connexity your product offers are displayed on a variety of traffic types that reach shoppers at many touch points in their buying journey. Not only will your offers appear on our proprietary sites (Shopzilla, Bizrate, PriceGrabber, Become) but offers will appear on shopping portals, social media and across our network of affiliate content partners. Google Analytics will show the referring URL meaning traffic and conversions coming through our partner sites may not be attributed to the Connexity campaign. There are steps you can take to update your tracking. Tinuiti does a great job of detailing this on their blog post here. Google also offers an explanation in their Analytics documentation:https://support.google.com/analytics#topic=3544906
- There is no universal standard for what counts as a click or valid traffic. Every tracking system and website will use different criteria for what counts as a valid click and each of your tracking methods will report this differently. For example, the Connexity interface will show only paid clicks. Any traffic that is invalidated on our back end and not charged for will not be counted in our interface. This means if your site was hit by a bot or a large source of invalid traffic and our system has filtered out those clicks the redirects will not show in Connexity's interface but may show on your other tracking.
How will the Connexity Tag help improve my campaign?
- The Connexity Shopping Tag enables a retailer's existing first-party data to scale growth opportunities. Marketing solutions that leverage a retailer’s own first-party data are becoming increasingly important as web browsers make incremental changes that further restrict the use of third-party cookies. The Connexity Shopping Tag uses insight about how shoppers interact with your sight to target interest-based audiences in high-intent content.
- The Connexity Shopping Tag gathers intent signals critical to optimizing campaign performance. Real-time and accurate data captured by the tag are inputs into the Connexity Smart Pricing and placement optimization processes. These data are essential to ensure optimal performance, actionable insight and useful reporting.
- Once the Connexity Shopping Tag has been implemented we will show your actual sales down to the product level right in our reporting and bidding interface. This makes it easy to cut your costs and improve your ROAS and Cost of Sale goals by adjusting bids on products that are not converting and allowing you to view your best items and increase bids to gain more exposure.
- Our Smart Pricing system works by adjusting CPC rates to meet cost of sale targets. With Connexity's Tag in place, we can work together to ensure that we meet your specific performance goals.